Wanted: Drugs Supply Chain Expert
Penda Health is an award-winning private company that is transforming healthcare in Kenya by building a chain of outpatient medical centres that make extremely high quality healthcare accessible to every family and offer unparalleled patient experiences.
Your job will revolve around ensuring the Medical Centers are adequately stocked with the drugs that our patients need, building and maintaining supplier relationships, responding to emergency drug requests, maintaining great communication with the Operations Manager and Team Leaders and most importantly being a GREAT team mate to everyone.
You will learn how to treat your colleagues as customers, delivering excellent service so that the operations department can perform its core functions efficiently. We are looking for individuals with real drive and development qualities. This role will be based at our Support Office along Lusaka roads but with frequents travels across all our medical centers.
Building a successful startup requires hard work, lots of change and working with low resources. It also means the opportunity to design a solution that could help millions of people in East Africa.
The position offers you the opportunity to:
- Bring your ideas and suggestions to work each day and see them create real change
- Grow into more senior leadership roles
- Work with an amazing, smart, fun and hard-working team to change the face of healthcare in Kenya!
- Order fulfilment: You will be tasked with preparing drug orders, coordinating logistics within an expected TAT of 2 days and ensuring a minimum order fulfilment of 95% within 3 days.
- Stock management: You will do monthly stock counts/spot checks on time and record the counts accurately after which you will generate variance reports. Inter-branch stock transfers .The Finance department will depend on this information to prepare monthly financial reports.
- Supplier relations: You will ensure we have mutually beneficial relationships with our suppliers by processing invoices on time, handling payment issues as soon as they arise and maintaining an open communication channel.
- Strategic thinker: You will help the department think of sustainable solutions to help Penda scale such as getting more suppliers, doing market research, pricing, introduction of central warehousing, reviewing our current formulary etc.
- Creativity and innovation: You will devise ways to ensure our Drugs supply chain works seamlessly.
We’re a startup – get ready for anything!
- College Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology or Clinical Medicine from a reputable institution
- Experience in inventory management specifically drugs of a wide range of brands is a must
- Good Knowledge of MS office.
- Excellent in MS excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Available full time
- Base salary depends on qualifications and experience
- Strong benefits package including full medical cover for inpatient and outpatient for your whole family
- Applications are due 11th Aug 2017.