Penda Health is an award-winning private company that is transforming healthcare in Kenya by making extremely high-quality health care accessible to every family and offering unparalleled patient experiences. Our vision is to be the most trusted healthcare provider in all of Africa.
- Be part of an organization that cares about your and your team's growth
- Be at the center of the roll-out of new systems that allow the organization to scale
- Our culture is like nowhere else… come see for yourself
Your job will be to support the Branch Managers in the management of the branch, and to ensure all branches are meeting our quality standards. If you’re successful, you’ll be able to see it in the smiles of your staff and patients, and you’ll see your branches hit patient volume targets month after month. You’ll enjoy this position if you love people: Branch Managers and everyone who works for them, and also all our patients including the crying babies! This position reports to our Director of Branch Operations.
Responsibilities and Duties
In short - Inspire, manage and motivate the branch managers to hit their patient number targets, to run the Medical Center in line with our standards and to make their staff satisfied in their jobs
- Manage a team of excited and high performing staff. Share feedback every day and create opportunities for them to grow into new roles
- Help us grow the network from 5 to 50 clinics and hire the teams for the new branches
- Ensure the branches hit their patient number targets. Use data to decide where to focus your efforts and coach your Branch Managers to make strong action plans to get their Medical Centres on track. If a branch is not performing, you’ll be responsible for turning it around!
- Make the Penda experience consistent across branches and protect our product and culture as we grow
- Support the roll out of new ideas in our branches. Also, a good idea can come from anywhere – keep your eyes and ears open at the Branches
- Always listen to our patients. They have the key to our success!
- Make our support office excited about the branches
We’re a start-up – get ready for anything!
- 2+ years experience managing a team to achieve difficult targets
- 1+ years experience managing managers
- Available Full Time and fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Experience managing branches is a plus
- Base Salary depends on qualifications and experience.
- Strong benefits package including full medical cover for inpatient and outpatient for your whole family.
- Stock option based compensation is available for long-term employees.
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis as applications come in